Wednesday, May 21, 2014

New York New York

I have written quite a few posts on different cities but the city that I would love to visit most has to be New York. The thought of New York came to my mind while I am working on my studio assignment listening to some music. The song “New York Minute” by Don Henley and “New York, New York” performed by Frank Sinatra, Gene Kelly and Jules Munshin for the musical “On The Town” played back to back on my music library. While I never had the chance to visit New York yet, the lyrics from these songs provide some hints of what New York might offer even after all the so many years since the release of both songs. Both the songs depicts New York as a fast paced city where “Everything can change, in a New York minute” and that the city has plenty of things to do. I sure wish that this is true when I finally visit New York.



In addition to the “New York, New York” Sinatra also performed another song of the same title.



There are plenty of other songs that is dedicated to a particular city such as:





No comments:

Post a Comment